Making bread is my weekly routine now. Below are my sharing for this.
100g Tang Zhong (water raox)
250g bread flour (high protein flour)
60g wheat flour
30g fine sugar
¾ tspn instant yeast
80g cold milk
Some plain flour for kneading
1. Warm milk + instant yeast.
(Note: Hot milk will kill the yeast. If you accidentally overheat your milk, cool it aside before adding instant yeast)
2. Measure 100g Tang Zhong + 250g bread flour + 60g wheat flour + 30g fine sugar + 1 egg
3. Use an electric mixer to add in Step1 + Step2 until it form a dough
4. Add butter to dough and continue mixing till even
5. Spread some plain flour on dough and knead the dough till it will not stick on the bowl
(Note: I wear glove for this step so my hands will not be sticky and for hygiene purposes.)
6. Smash the dough in the mixing bowl for 20-50 times till you can feel the elasticity and the softness of the dough
7. Roll the dough, cover with wet towel and let it rise for an hour or double the size
(Note: if your environment is dry, tap some water on the dough surface and cover with wet towel)
(Tips for winter: Heat up a cup of water in microwave for 60sec and then let the dough covered and rise inside the microwave.
Redo this as needed but not microwaving your dough!)
8. Release air from dough and let it rest for 10 mins
9. Divide and roll the dough evenly to 2 and let it rise in a covered toast box (Reminder Step7: Tips for winter)
10. Heat up your oven to 180C when the dough is 90% rise in the toast box.
(Note: Temperature in every oven fluctuates a little. Bake more to know your oven well !)
11. Bake for 25 mins or checking the bread by tapping on the bread and it will make a hollow sound.
12. Remove bread from toast box and let it cool on rack